Friday 21 February 2014

Prequel to Paranormal Personnel Saga

Hey Guys,


"The Healing Hour" is now available on amazon, it's a short novella written from Nathaniel's point of view. It can be read as a prequel to £6.19 per Witching Hour (Paranormal Personnel Saga #1)

Recently I posted a short excerpt on my Facebook page:
Here is a little reminder.

I pushed the door open wider, hearing a faint voice inside the chamber. My heart skipped a beat upon realising who the voice belonged to. All my hopes and desires were behind that door. My senses sharpened and my heart was racing so fast it was just about to gallop out of my chest. 
‘Blood, I want more blood; it’s never enough.’ 
Isabelle was talking to herself, sitting on the chair next to the fire. She was alone but the scent of another older vampire was still intense and floating in the air. I inhaled and the soaring pain in my chest eased off. I finally found her. My suffering came to the end.
But then she turned around. ‘You!’
My breath caught. I could barely recognise her. Lines under her eyes were darker, her face was covered in blood, and her hair was lighter than I remembered. The look on her face told me that she wasn’t expecting to see me. Her pupils widened and anger flickered in her beautiful blue eyes.
‘My darling, I’m here. I’ve finally found you,’ I said softly, falling down on my knees. My mind was cloudy and I could barely breathe, seeing her paleness and the kind of hunger that I used to feel myself when I was younger.
She was turned into a vampire by my best mate right after I propose to her and then she vanished with him.
She bared her teeth, staring at me as if she were looking at a ghost. I came here expecting her to throw herself into my arms and tell me how much she loved me. Instead, she roared with rage and charged into me as I knelt before her. I had no strength to fight with her. I let her scratch my face with her sharp nails and sink her fangs into my neck.
My breath came fast. She was better when she was hurting me, and I didn’t care about the pain. The blood was running down my neck, but I felt her closeness and that began to seal up the wound in my heart.
Until she pulled away and slapped me, saying, ‘You shouldn’t be here. I never asked you to find me!’ She wiped her bloody mouth, not taking her eyes off me.
‘Isabelle, we can be together now like before. I’m sorry for what he did to you,’ I said, trying to crawl to her, but she pushed me back.
‘Get away from me, Nathaniel. I don’t need your apology. I’m this way because of your lies. He saved me, gave me immortality. You wanted to keep this away from me.’
Tears ran down my cheeks, her words hurting me. I felt like someone was tearing my skin away from my body while I was still living and breathing. Isabelle was a full-blooded vampire now, a monster, her humanity lost.
Unable to comprehend that she wouldn’t even consider coming back to me, I offered my pledge. ‘Please, darling, let me take care of you. We can go back to England, to our old life.’
She started laughing, spitting her blood everywhere. ‘I’m not part of you anymore. My old life is over and I never want to see you again. My maker means everything to me and I’m glad that he turned me into the creature that I’m now. You failed me.’
‘Isabelle—’
She slapped ma again and stood up. ‘Leave or I swear that I’m going to kill you!’
I looked at her, seeing that her hatred for me was real. I wasn’t part of her life anymore. Her maker had changed her and destroyed her pure white soul. It was all my fault that it came to this. If I’d have told her the truth about my nature we could have avoided all the pain. I destroyed her by loving her and by lying that I was partly a vampire.
I searched two years for her since we parted, but her love for me slipped through my fingers. The wound in my heart reopened and from that day I promised myself that I would never fall in love again. Love only destroyed. It was like despair. My mother was right when she warned me that falling in love would only make me suffer.
She was turned into a vampire by my best mate right after I propose to her and then she vanished with him.
The horn somewhere on the road brought me back to reality. I slammed my foot on the break realising too late that the car in front of me stopped. I cursed under my breath. My brand new Aston Martin crushed by some piece of shit just because I was lost with my pathetic past. The impact of the collision wasn’t too bad, but still, the damage was done. I took a few deep breaths and tightened my palms over the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment